05 May Inspecting and valuing property and businesses COVID-19
COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we are inspecting and valuing property and businesses
Here is our guide to how we are inspecting properties and our approach to valuing property and businesses in the current economic climate. We are also following guidance from the RICS. We will continue to review these during the coming weeks and months.
Our inspections and investigations may take various forms including, but not limited to:
- full internal inspection of all but exposed parts and without testing of services
- internal inspection with some level of restriction on access
- a site perimeter or ‘drive-by’ inspection
- an inspection otherwise external to the site or property
- a ‘desktop’ opinion formed using, for example, digital mapping, records, plans and other data.
- Where an internal inspection is required ideally the property should be empty/vacated
Our approach to valuing property and businesses in the current economic climate:
Do you need a valuation or do you have a rent review due? If you would like some help in deciding the best way forward please contact us. Phone: 0117 9200 090 Email: email@example.com
For more information on what the government is doing now to support businesses, here are links to the UK government website that provide some clarification