Highlights of 2022
To end the year we are taking a look at our highlights of 2022 by reviewing the articles that you read the most and adding updates.
In March 2022 we wrote about rent arrears and Covid 19. The government introduced the Commercial Rent (Coronavirus) Bill in November 2021.
The moratorium period under the Act came to an end on 23 September 2022. This means that any tenant who has not made a referral to an Arbitrator by the end of 23 September 2022 no longer has the right to do so.
Parties who have made a referral in time will continue to benefit from the protections under the Act until the Arbitration has been concluded. Landlords now have all previous remedies to collect rent arrears open to them as before. These include:
- Serving Statutory demand and starting insolvency proceedings
- Starting Court proceedings
- Drawing down on rent deposit
- Pursuing previous tenant or guarantor
In April 2022 we wrote about Pedestrianisation in Bristol where we looked deeper into changes to our high streets. Overall pedestrianisation seems like it’s going to become more common place as time goes by.
Bristol city council have revoked some sitting out licences that were allowed during the pandemic. You can find more information on future plans and how to apply for sitting out licences by visiting Bristol city councils website. Here is a link for ease of reference outdoor hospitality licences and guidance
In September 2022 we shared our approach to property and business valuations. A valuation can be provided for a range of people and scenarios. For example we provide valuation reports for Business owners, or professional advisors that need specialist advice:
- To help with making a strategic decision
- When considering a potential sale
- For current business or property interests before moving ahead with your plans.
- Unlocking the value within your business or property.
- A share valuation of your business
- Residential Homebuyer Level 2 reports and help to buy reports
You might need a property or business valuation if you are looking at exiting your business, just getting insight into value or to help settle a dispute.
We hope the above has been helpful.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
from us at JS Reakes